Friday, June 15, 2007

Jumping on the bandwagon.


Ok. You've seen my finished objects. Y'all know I can knit me a dishrag. If you don't know, you can ask my neighbor. She has at least 5 or 6 that I've knit for her. (And someday, she will find that cone of peaches and cream yarn hiding in her basement that she promised to give me...)
It's a race, except it's the best kind of race! You get to sit on your duff and knit! There are teams (assigned by the admin) and each team starts with a box with a dishrag, two skeins of cotton and a small treat. When you get your box, you empty it. Marvel at the loveliness (or fugliness) of your new dishrag. Knit a dishrag from one of the cotton skeins in the box. Eat your chocolate (you know that's what the treat better be). Place the rag you knitted into a box with the two skeins of cotton you purchased for the event, and the treat (don't forget the treat!), and pass the "baton" to the next knitter in line on your team! The first team to return their box to the admin wins!
Now, I'm not sure what she's going to do with 10-20 dishrags when they show up to her house... :P
If you're interested, you better hurry! They are capping it at 200 participants and when I just checked, it's at 119!
P.S. Thanks to Beth for bringing this to my attention via her blog! Seems like everyone saw it there! :P

No comments: