48 Things You Couldn't Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME? Melinda
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My Aunt Linda (on my mother’s side) swears I’m named after her, but since my Dad had dominion over naming “the baby” if it was a girl, I highly doubt it. (My mother claimed naming rights for the “boy child” since she didn’t want her son named Harrie (Last Name), V) My middle name is from my paternal grandmother, though.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Sunday.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I used to be an architecture major, so I tend to print in all caps...yeah...I like it.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? From a sealed up package? I guess Bologna (beef). From the Deli Counter? Roasted Turkey Breast.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I like Beth’s answer: “Not sure. I have lots of friends, but not lots of close friends.” I would probably find myself very annoying.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? You’re reading it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes. Never broken a bone, no cavities. My appendix went a few years ago, if that counts.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Only if pushed.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Depends on the day. Cheerios or Golden Grahams.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically or mentally? Ask my husband. We wrestle sometimes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Vanilla, Strawberry Chip from Graeters, UDF’s Cherry Cordial, Mint Chocolate Chip (the cheap green kind…not mint flavored chocolate)
14. SHOE SIZE? 7
15. RED OR PINK? How about Light Red? I vote Purple.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My inability to bite my tongue.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Uncle Richard. I never really got to know him…and he was such a great person.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I’m not tagging anyone...so...um...no.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Striped shirt (Coral, Brick Red, White and Tan), Tan Pants and My Nike Sneaker/Hiking/cold weather boots.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Very Cherry Yogurt.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My coworkers in the background talking.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? My mom is a trainer for a living (as in…she works in the training department at her company). She needed crayons for one of her training exercises. So she orders an 8 pack from the office supply place. This is what she got. Yep. MultiCultural Crayons. I just thought I would share.
The color I would be? Vivid Violet
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Onions sauteeing, or a yellow cake baking.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A customer.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Hair/eyes
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? I didn’t steal it! It was foisted upon me!
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Margaritas…when I drink. Otherwise, Iced Tea.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Football (OSU, baby!!)
29. EYE COLOR? Green/blue. They change.
30. HAT SIZE? I have no freaking idea.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Salt. I guess that’s a mineral...um...my Mom’s Thanksgiving stuffing (yeah...it’s on my mind)
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? How about funny? I like funny.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter. You can always dress warmer, but can only take off so much before you get arrested.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Warm pecan pie. Or cherry, or lemon meringue...
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I’m not sending it to anyone.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Nothing, except blogs. I ran out of books, and the
local library doesn’t like me...*ahem*.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Star Wars Episode I
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Flavor of Love Reunion (not nearly as exciting as last year’s reunion) and Celebrity Paranormal Project, oh…and House. There was a marathon.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Good music, the phone ringing when I’m expecting that special call, hearing the door close when I’m waiting for DH to get home.
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Both. Depends on my mood.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Los Angeles.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Does talking the ears off a wall count?
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Alexandria, VA.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Ang tagged me.
Monday, October 30, 2006
48 Things You Couldn't Care Less About
On the needles:
1 mint green baby bootie. "Stay Up Booties" that I got from knitting.about.com. I have no idea what this is going to look like...it's mystery knitting!
1 baby bib. The bib portion is done, I'm putting on attached/applied I-cord edging/ties.
1 Saxon braid dishcloth. It's in permanent pause status since I've lost a Denise needle tip (using as a "cable needle") and now I'm totally torqued off at it.
In the planning stages: (or wish list perhaps?)
Ella from Knitty.com
Some sort of lace dresser topper for my grandmother (what is that called? a doily?)
Off the needles: (and not in the good kind of way)
Slipper Socks of Death. They have officially died. (queue the sad music) Not sure if you all noticed, but the "Super Short One Row Scarf" used up all of the light brown (tragic, I know...:P). Then I slid it right off the needles in order to start the Mary Janes. I'll use the dark brown to make more Mary Janes. (Lots of babies being born these days) I guess they aren't officially dead, since I haven't ripped it back yet....just sitting there....all those live stitches pointing in all directions. I should feel bad, shouldn't I?
Bill, I know I owe you a knitted object. I'll send you something small to tide you over until I get proper needles for your new and improved socks. Promise. Besides, that wool-ease yarn was too itchy and slippery. You'll like the new ones better...assuming you ever get them. LOL.
In the mean time, may your BOs be swift, and your FOs be many!
Posted by Tally at 10/30/2006
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Posted by Tally at 10/26/2006
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
J's blue scarf is already starting to fall apart. :( Could it be because he is sleeping with it? LOL. I have to admit, it's too wide for his size, and he tends to pull on it a lot. All of my woven in ends have started to work back out (we're talking 8 inches of tail, worked a few stitches together and everything...dang slippery yarn). However, this scarf was my "FKO" (first knitted object) and I'm proud of it. It was HARD to do....I kept losing a stitch (you try working 2 novelty yarns together on Addi Turbos! LOL), having to tink (I was not frogging that yarn, I'd never get it back on the needles) several times to find the lost stitch, and panicing because I was running out of blue yarn. I guess I should have been more concerned about the red yarn since it was discontinued this past spring. I did not know that until just now. Yeesh.
I have gotten my Mary Jane Booties completed, except for the buttons. <That photo is from the pattern book. I got the book at the grocery store, I think I was at Kroger. It's pulished by Pilbooks, but I could not find it on their website.
There are 17 patterns in the book, and so far, it was well worth the $3.99. The Mary Janes are so simple it's amazing. There's a Teddy Bear pattern, blankets, cardigans, sweaters, hooded towel, mock fair isle hat (with self striping yarn), bibs..... really cute stuff. Next time you're at the check out, Check it Out! :P
Posted by Tally at 10/25/2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
Moms are like that.
Posted by Tally at 10/23/2006
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Monday, October 16, 2006
Well, besides the part where I turn to my husband (for whom the scarf was started) and said, "Honey, do you think this looks "guy scarfish" enough?" To which he replied, "Uh, I wouldn't wear it."
Posted by Tally at 10/16/2006
Behold! An out of focus picture! Of what, you say? Why, that's the "One Row Scarf" from the Yarn Harlot The same scarf that she knit in ONE day. From yarn she had spun and plied just that morning. And then had time to go stroll about town waiting someone to notice the lovely scarf she had spun, plied, designed and knit all in ONE DAY!!! (the photo of the FO was outside, in daylight mind you....she had time to finish knitting it while there was still daylight!)
Posted by Tally at 10/16/2006
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Here is a photo of the Mid July KAL (Knit-a-long):
This one is a baby shower gift. I think I'll get some foamy baby wash and tie the cloth around it with a ribbon. (Yes, I stole that idea from another KAL knitter)
In the mean time...
May your BOs be swift, and your FOs be many!
Posted by Tally at 10/04/2006