Wednesday, September 27, 2006

rnd11

Mr. Sockworthy asked for an update on the SSsOD.....


*ahem*

well,

I...uh...er....I changed my mind. I went and got some real sock yarn:
And, yes, it knits like a dream. It was suggested that I knit the socks using the recommended needles. Not sure if you can see it on this pic, but they suggest 8's for sock weight yarn!

I knit tightly, but that's a bit rediculous. The swatch looked OK, but once I got into the magic loop, things got stretched out a bit, and there were holes....

You can see the holes on the sides, where I was making my increases. By the way...the Turkish Cast On is unbelievable! I'm in love! Anyhow, I can't have socks with holes in the toes....so....
On to smaller needles...and another gauge swatch...*sigh*.

And what is on the other needles?

Yeah...so neither one is in focus. LOL. Sorry.

May your BOs be swift and your FOs be many!


2 comments:

ExoticPrincess said...

wow, you make all this?
impressive.....

ExoticPrincess said...

You know I have to show you what his grandmother made for my sister's baby...its so cute. I gotta post that picture up: ) come check it out.