Monday, October 30, 2006

Projects

On the needles:

1 mint green baby bootie. "Stay Up Booties" that I got from knitting.about.com. I have no idea what this is going to look like...it's mystery knitting!

1 baby bib. The bib portion is done, I'm putting on attached/applied I-cord edging/ties.

1 Saxon braid dishcloth. It's in permanent pause status since I've lost a Denise needle tip (using as a "cable needle") and now I'm totally torqued off at it.

That's it!

In the planning stages: (or wish list perhaps?)

Ella from Knitty.com
Some sort of lace dresser topper for my grandmother (what is that called? a doily?)

Off the needles: (and not in the good kind of way)

Slipper Socks of Death. They have officially died. (queue the sad music) Not sure if you all noticed, but the "Super Short One Row Scarf" used up all of the light brown (tragic, I know...:P). Then I slid it right off the needles in order to start the Mary Janes. I'll use the dark brown to make more Mary Janes. (Lots of babies being born these days) I guess they aren't officially dead, since I haven't ripped it back yet....just sitting there....all those live stitches pointing in all directions. I should feel bad, shouldn't I?

Side note:

Bill, I know I owe you a knitted object. I'll send you something small to tide you over until I get proper needles for your new and improved socks. Promise. Besides, that wool-ease yarn was too itchy and slippery. You'll like the new ones better...assuming you ever get them. LOL.

In the mean time, may your BOs be swift, and your FOs be many!

No comments: