Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Knitting Content?!

I have a feeling today's blog is just going to be a ramble.

Firstly, I've gotten my first commissioned piece! My coworker (the purple afghan, no pics...and FO#2 and a baby bib....) has asked me to knit her a hat for her soon to be son. I have to get a move on...she's due in 2 weeks!!! I cast on for the hat last night, and it's going to be a "going home from the hospital" hat. It's right about 13" in circumfrence....should last what....a month? LOL. So far, it's about 3/4 of an inch of seed stitch in a variegated blue. I listened to 3 chapters of Age of Innocence while getting it started.

I also started work on a baby sweater. It's one of those garter stitch jobs with a couple buttons at the chest. I'm using Red Heart Aran Fleck. Yes...I know... I have about 10 skeins of that yarn from a UFO from YEARS ago. I have to use it up somehow. In fact, I have about 6 skeins of it before I even begin to have to rip out the UFO (which will be so much fun...considering that I was using 3 strands together).

I'm still working on the I-cord edging for the bib, still working on the bootie (which is not earmarked for anyone in particular, I just want to see what the pattern looks like!), and the saxon braid dishcloth is still being snubbed.

Today is a new day for the Monthy Dishcloth KAL and I'll probably cast-on for that tonight.

I'll try to get some photos onto this later today. No camera right now.

Until next time...
May for BOs be swift and your FOs be many!

No comments: